Seven
It's the seventh day of the New Year. It is also quite uncanny that i'd watched "Seven Pounds" by Will Smith today.
The tornadoes of December's eventful happenings swept away 2008 in such a frenzy whirlwind manner that I was almost begging for time to stand still for a moment. To savour the last of 2008. I knew deep in my heart that i was to expect alot of changes in my life in 2008 from the beginning. Just didn't expect them to come in the form of career change. Retrenchment. And now being a part time teacher at ITE. Change in my lifestyle next yr (this year 2009) as BSF training and class commences on Saturday morning and Monday evenings. I remembered also the covenant i had made to Him last year. As i'm writing my thoughts down here, it really seemed like only yesterday that 2008 happened. I really can't imagine and shudder to think how time can race so fast ahead of me. As i waited expectantly for God to speak to me in the stillness of the last five minutes of the year...He impressed upon my heart that i will be facing alot of challenges in my life this year. I was reminded again of my convenant made to Him last year. The watchnight service i attended at Wesley Methodist was about Covenant Renewal with God.
I spent my first seven days of 2009 thanking God everyday. I'm fearful of my challenges ahead. I don't know how i am to spend my everyday purposefully. Not wasting it. I don't know how to adapt to my new role in the youth ministry. Nor my new teaching vocation in ITE. I don't know how to plan for my future career. Don't know who i should pick for my future partner. Despite the fearfulness and don't knows in my life at this moment, i managed to spend the first seven days of 2009 joyfully, idyllically and meaningfully.
Thank you Lord for being my lighthouse.... shining your light and love in my darkened days.
The tornadoes of December's eventful happenings swept away 2008 in such a frenzy whirlwind manner that I was almost begging for time to stand still for a moment. To savour the last of 2008. I knew deep in my heart that i was to expect alot of changes in my life in 2008 from the beginning. Just didn't expect them to come in the form of career change. Retrenchment. And now being a part time teacher at ITE. Change in my lifestyle next yr (this year 2009) as BSF training and class commences on Saturday morning and Monday evenings. I remembered also the covenant i had made to Him last year. As i'm writing my thoughts down here, it really seemed like only yesterday that 2008 happened. I really can't imagine and shudder to think how time can race so fast ahead of me. As i waited expectantly for God to speak to me in the stillness of the last five minutes of the year...He impressed upon my heart that i will be facing alot of challenges in my life this year. I was reminded again of my convenant made to Him last year. The watchnight service i attended at Wesley Methodist was about Covenant Renewal with God.
I spent my first seven days of 2009 thanking God everyday. I'm fearful of my challenges ahead. I don't know how i am to spend my everyday purposefully. Not wasting it. I don't know how to adapt to my new role in the youth ministry. Nor my new teaching vocation in ITE. I don't know how to plan for my future career. Don't know who i should pick for my future partner. Despite the fearfulness and don't knows in my life at this moment, i managed to spend the first seven days of 2009 joyfully, idyllically and meaningfully.
Thank you Lord for being my lighthouse.... shining your light and love in my darkened days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home