Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Big Questions

I went to borders last Sunday to get that book "The road less travelled" recommended by a friend. Was quite thrilled to find that Border's is having 20% storewide discount. Spurred by the sale, i thought to check out if there's any other interesting find...

Halfway through the self help and improvement section, i spotted Jonathan Hill's "The Big Questions". I have been fascinated by Jonathan Hill ever since i read his other book "The history of christian thoughts". The fascination is fuelled by my own super inquisitive nature - to find out if this oxford educated philosophy professor who writes so concisely and clearly about the church history is in fact a christian himself. You can imagine my excitement when i discovered from the bio at the back of the book i was about to purchase that he is actually currently pursuing his Phd in NUS!! My gosh! The closest i have contact with my fav author (C S Lewis) is actually attending a lecture on his work by a close associate of his sometime back last year. Can u imagine this one is residing in Singapore now?? I jus couldn't take my mind off this piece of "great" news... i did the craziest thing. After searching and googling about him, i finally tracked him down at facebook. Of all place. I wrote him a short message....and am still waiting for him to answer my big questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home