Warm Springs
My first entry in 2007. Only been 5 days into the year and so much drama has unfold into my life. The recent ordeal with my beloved cousin has left excruciating pain in my heart. One thing i have learnt from my ordeal is that if i have to go through suffering and persecution to bring glory to GOD, i will do it. Endure it.
Watched a great movie today - Warm Springs.
It is a movie to inspire those who are suffering from disabilities...in life.
I have added FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt) to my list of heroes after watching this show.
Margaret Nagle, the writer of the movie commented in an interview :"I think it's about finding yourself through suffering. Because we all suffer in this life, and some of us make it through the horrible things that happen to us - and some of us don't. My "logline" for the movie was: "What if the worst thing that ever happened to you was the best thing that ever happened to you?"
I thought, "You have this trust fund, Ivy League, playboy, who wakes up one morning - and can never walk again. And then he goes off to seek out a 'miracle cure.' And the 'miracle,' is not that he will walk again - because he won't. The 'miracle' is that - he is reborn, in his soul. And he finds out, who he really is. And so, this 'trust fund playboy' decides to run for [LAUGHTER] President of the United States. And be the first world leader who can't walk. And he runs. And he is elected - four times." And I'll never forget, pitching it like that. And the person goes, "Wow, that's a great story. Wouldn't that be incredible if it were true?" And I would say, "It is incredible... and it is true."
Watched a great movie today - Warm Springs.
It is a movie to inspire those who are suffering from disabilities...in life.
I have added FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt) to my list of heroes after watching this show.
Margaret Nagle, the writer of the movie commented in an interview :"I think it's about finding yourself through suffering. Because we all suffer in this life, and some of us make it through the horrible things that happen to us - and some of us don't. My "logline" for the movie was: "What if the worst thing that ever happened to you was the best thing that ever happened to you?"
I thought, "You have this trust fund, Ivy League, playboy, who wakes up one morning - and can never walk again. And then he goes off to seek out a 'miracle cure.' And the 'miracle,' is not that he will walk again - because he won't. The 'miracle' is that - he is reborn, in his soul. And he finds out, who he really is. And so, this 'trust fund playboy' decides to run for [LAUGHTER] President of the United States. And be the first world leader who can't walk. And he runs. And he is elected - four times." And I'll never forget, pitching it like that. And the person goes, "Wow, that's a great story. Wouldn't that be incredible if it were true?" And I would say, "It is incredible... and it is true."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home