Cheaterbug Cabbie
I was late this morning. Took a cab to work and as i stepped out of the cab, i realised that the taxi driver had shortchanged me by $6.10. I was a little mad. Quite mad, getting madder still as i took the lift up to my office. I felt the first sting of the ugliness of human nature...and it has to be early morning going to work...sigh. The cabbie knew i was in a hurry, he saw that i was listening to my mp3, he compromised by stopping me at the zigzag line outside my office (so he couldn't stay long at that spot). And he handed me my change from a $50 bill, fold them into half. And as i stepped out of the cab, i felt a little suspicious of the cabbie who hesitated and paused a brief moment before handing me my change. By the time i realised i was shortchanged, too late, the cab was gone. What's left behind was me standing there in confusion and almost "fused" into a combustion.
Things like that happen everywhere in the world. Everyday. But do i have to keep thinking about the "injustice" done to me? Keep dwelling on the opportunistic cabbie? I find that focusing on my "injustice" doesn't help me abit at all. Bitterness and anger will only cause tension to my already frail body. The only way to purge this unhealthy thought is to divert my attention to elsewhere instead eg. looking at my own "faults" in this matter. After all, I should have woke up earlier this morning. Secondly, I should have been more alert as my mind was not in the right place this morning...i let it drowned in 张惠妹 melancholic song 平常心 . Disctraction. Always a problem for me. Sometimes find myself not able to speak what my mind says. Or says not what my mind intends. And mind also not reacting as fast as it used to be.
I guess medidating on God's words has paid off for me. That is, to take away focus from all unjust suffering in the world.
"Now all has been heard, here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgement, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."
(Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)
Things like that happen everywhere in the world. Everyday. But do i have to keep thinking about the "injustice" done to me? Keep dwelling on the opportunistic cabbie? I find that focusing on my "injustice" doesn't help me abit at all. Bitterness and anger will only cause tension to my already frail body. The only way to purge this unhealthy thought is to divert my attention to elsewhere instead eg. looking at my own "faults" in this matter. After all, I should have woke up earlier this morning. Secondly, I should have been more alert as my mind was not in the right place this morning...i let it drowned in 张惠妹 melancholic song 平常心 . Disctraction. Always a problem for me. Sometimes find myself not able to speak what my mind says. Or says not what my mind intends. And mind also not reacting as fast as it used to be.
I guess medidating on God's words has paid off for me. That is, to take away focus from all unjust suffering in the world.
"Now all has been heard, here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgement, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."
(Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home