Singin' In the Rain
I heard it has been raining since Sunday. Got back on Monday from Indonesia and the sky was grey. It started raining on Monday evening as i made my way to the church for our last choir practise. My mind was alittle distracted and i sang a couple of notes off key. Boy next to me was singing at top of his lung...drowning the rest of us with his out of tune notes ....i felt a sense of doom as we ended our practise session.
The next day the rain hasn't stopped. I heard part of Singapore was flooded. A rather unusual occurence. I prepared myself to standby in Paragon while having coffee and snack with my fren in Dome. At 7.45pm, i called a few of my church members to check on status and finally one of them pick up his phone and told me that we will still have to assemble and wait for instructions from our choir mistress. Thank gdness i was nearby! Pauline looked a little distraught. After a moment of hesitation, she called for all of us to bring our umrellas and lined us up. We were going to sing after all.
At 8, we marched towards the podium (open space in front of Tong Centre) and positioned ourselves. Although we had said our prayers before the singing, it seems that heaven hasn't heard us and rained even heavier! In the midst of the thunderstorm, we braced ourselves and sang as though the rain wasn't there. Our music scores were wet and we were cold and slightly drenched. Among us were kids as young as 3 years old and adults as old as over 60 yrs. But as we sang "Nothing is Impossible with God" our hearts surge with pride and joy as we sang in one united spirit. The spirit of Christmas was in the air. I am so proud of my brothers and sisters as we brave through the storm to sing for our LORD and carried out the task he has put forth to us - to bring the good news of the birth of Christ to the world. There were few audience in the crowd. But some lingered behind in the rain to stand by us as we sang through the 45 mins of Christmas hymns. What encouragement!
In life, we have to face disappointments, hardships, difficulties and trials sometimes. Inevitable part of the the whole package of living. Can we still stand firm against these stormy weathers in our life? Overcome these adversities with patience? Rejoice amidst suffering like what apostle paul said? I've had my fair share of trials and tribulations in life. I've learnt that the most difficult part of the experience is to wait. And the trusting. How do one trust God when faced with life at it's hardest, at it's worst? How do one wait upon a silent God?
As i pour my heart out to God yesterday. Singing despite. Continuing to stand in the cold despite. Not understanding despite. Not worrying how the world view me despite. I felt a deep sense of peace and hope. Oblivious to anything and everything else surrounding me except for that stillness in my heart.
I saw the sun today. Beautiful blue skies. I wonder if it will last till this evening. One more night.
The next day the rain hasn't stopped. I heard part of Singapore was flooded. A rather unusual occurence. I prepared myself to standby in Paragon while having coffee and snack with my fren in Dome. At 7.45pm, i called a few of my church members to check on status and finally one of them pick up his phone and told me that we will still have to assemble and wait for instructions from our choir mistress. Thank gdness i was nearby! Pauline looked a little distraught. After a moment of hesitation, she called for all of us to bring our umrellas and lined us up. We were going to sing after all.
At 8, we marched towards the podium (open space in front of Tong Centre) and positioned ourselves. Although we had said our prayers before the singing, it seems that heaven hasn't heard us and rained even heavier! In the midst of the thunderstorm, we braced ourselves and sang as though the rain wasn't there. Our music scores were wet and we were cold and slightly drenched. Among us were kids as young as 3 years old and adults as old as over 60 yrs. But as we sang "Nothing is Impossible with God" our hearts surge with pride and joy as we sang in one united spirit. The spirit of Christmas was in the air. I am so proud of my brothers and sisters as we brave through the storm to sing for our LORD and carried out the task he has put forth to us - to bring the good news of the birth of Christ to the world. There were few audience in the crowd. But some lingered behind in the rain to stand by us as we sang through the 45 mins of Christmas hymns. What encouragement!
In life, we have to face disappointments, hardships, difficulties and trials sometimes. Inevitable part of the the whole package of living. Can we still stand firm against these stormy weathers in our life? Overcome these adversities with patience? Rejoice amidst suffering like what apostle paul said? I've had my fair share of trials and tribulations in life. I've learnt that the most difficult part of the experience is to wait. And the trusting. How do one trust God when faced with life at it's hardest, at it's worst? How do one wait upon a silent God?
As i pour my heart out to God yesterday. Singing despite. Continuing to stand in the cold despite. Not understanding despite. Not worrying how the world view me despite. I felt a deep sense of peace and hope. Oblivious to anything and everything else surrounding me except for that stillness in my heart.
I saw the sun today. Beautiful blue skies. I wonder if it will last till this evening. One more night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home